RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Length of fund raising letter
Post Length of fund raising letter 
Hello,
I have always made personal contact first when requesting sponsorship or fund raising help for our group. My question is, our letter of request has grown to about 2 pages. The format of the letter is such that it introduces who I am, what we are looking for as a group, the benefits to the sponsor, the breakdown of how the sponsorship will be used and lastly, a small paragraph describing our understanding of what the sponsorship means to us and that a non-sponsorship is completely understadable and finally of course all contac information. Remember that all of this information is sent out only after making personal contact.
Do you think this format is appropriate and is two pages much to long for a letter . Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi Blazers - I think your intuition is correct - 2 pages does seem a bit long. Of course it does depend upon your audience. If these are folks with whom you do not have a relationship - then the letter needs to "grab" them early. It's as much about marketing your cause as it is about soliciting.

Good luck -please update us!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1