RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
I'm a newbie.......HELP!
Post I'm a newbie.......HELP! 
I work for MAC Cosmetics at a counter in a retail dept.store. MAC is known for their color,but the backbone of the company is the MAC AidsFund. MAC donates 100% of the selling price of 5 lipsticks to people living with/or affected by HIV and AIDS. Each counter has a goal to acheive in addition to the lipstick sales.Here's my dilemma... we have no monies for any startup costs-we're having a storewide bakesale, but each artist will be responsible for purchasing and preparing their food...and "starving artists" definitely applies here. We also donate all tips to our aids fund-but we want to do more. Our local charity is Positively Living, and we're in the process of establishing a grant so that our $ can be funneled directly to them. Any suggestions?

I guess I'm not sure what it is you're asking. Does this have to be in store? I'm sure that there are lots of other products that you could use to raise money for this cause.

Press releases would be a good thing to learn about to ... can really stir up local support.

If you want to email me, we can talk through some other possibilities ... I do a fundraiser with candles that takes mostly elbow grease.... no cash on your part. Could be really rewarding to work on a plan together ... great cause after all, eh?

You can use the 'Questions' page on my website to get a hold of me and we'll brainstorm Smile

Have a great day!

Andrea

just a few suggestions- have a fund raising event at a hall - call around get prices per person....sell tickets a bit higher (whatever you think) to make a profit on tickets, sell 50/50's, do a raffle at the event (i.e....get on the phone and start calling on all theatres, movie theatres, phillies, eagles, fylers, acme, superfresh, etc....ask for donations for the raffles, go to different restaurants, office max, staples. These are just a few of the many ideas and suggestions.

also, if you have that gift you rec'd and don't really like it or were planning on re-gifting it....make gift baskets. if you have new wine glasses sitting around the house....purchase a bottle of wine and make a basket w/some cheese and pepperoni.

there are many of thing you can do to raise money for events.

for instance, i go to support HIV for friends of mine thru attending gay bingo once a year downtown. it's lots of fun.....they give out money prizes and sell hotdogs,etc in addition to the ticket prices.

Hope this helped you.

Best Regards,

Maria
(215) 990-9669

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1