RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
What can we learn from NPR?
Post What can we learn from NPR? 
As I was driving home from work today - i was listening to NPR as I usually do. The announcers were thanking the supporters for helping them raise something like 38,000 today. This was not one of their quarterly pledge drives - this was something different.

Seems that they've recognized that having 2 week long fundraising drives on the air, and displacing the usual programming to do it, has taken it's toll on their supporters. Let's face it - as much as we support their efforts as fellow fundraisers - I miss my Morning Edition and All Things Considered when they cut into it for a pledge drive.

So their solution is to have shorter - concentrated periods of fundraising. I think they said it was a 1 or 2 hour period this morning and they had matching funds (presumably from a corporate sponsor). The other interesting tactic is that they seem to be alerting people to these concentrated pledge drives throughout the broadcasts. This makes people aware that it's coming and that an individual pledge during that time has 2X the impact (due to the match). The individual daily "power pledge drives" seem to be hitting their goals - and while I doubt it will replace the quarterly drives - they claim they'll be shorter because of the funds raised

So my thought for today - what can we learn from this? Can you employ these tactics in your fundriasing efforts? Have you already done this? Let's hear your thoughts.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1